Sustainability & Beautification Committee
SBC MISSION STATEMENT/GOALS
The McKinley Elementary Sustainability and Beautification Committee (SBC) is guided by simple truth. The more habits, actions, and student behaviors are synced with life’s natural cycles and rhythms, the better our quality of life. We assist the school community to live in greater balance with natural cycles and increase school quality of life by:
- Encouraging active green living
- Enhancing the school campus's natural environment
- Modeling efficient and sustainable resource use
- Increasing understanding of the food cycle from the ground to the table, then back to the ground
- Promoting healthy eating
- Showing respect for one another and life
- Managing the school garden
- Nurturing understanding and appreciation for life’s natural cycles
- Promoting respectful, harmonious interaction between community members
- Reinforcing beliefs and habits students carry through life
The McKinley Elementary School Sustainability and Beautification Committee organizes student and family events, teaching, garden classes and educational programs to realize this purpose.
Stay tuned for more green in the coming weeks!!